Skin cancer is among the most commonly diagnosed types of cancer. Fortunately, it is also among the preventable. Diagnosed cases number in their millions and it is also important to note that melanoma is the deadliest types of skin cancer and recently, young people have been diagnosed with it. In short, we are not taking the necessary precautions as preventive measures.
In regard of this, some of the preventive measures (among others) are,
1. Use of sunscreen especially for people who spend most of their time outdoors.
2. Avoiding direct exposure to the midday sun since that is when the rays are brightest.
3. Staying in a shade as this will keep you cooler.
4. In case you have children, you need to monitor their exposure to the sun. A lot of skin cancer/melanoma cases relate mostly to bad sunburns as well as exposure as a child.
5. Wear protective clothing like hats and protect the skin by wearing clothes that cover it too as well as sun glasses that are UV protectant.
You realize that these are steps that are easy but ones that we normally overlook, right?