+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hypertrophic scar

Banned
    Thanks

Hypertrophic scar

Is there a natural way of treating hypertrophic scar on my left ankle? I had a skin wound on that area three weeks ago and it is developed into a scar tissue but the thing is, it is lumpy in appearance, reddish in color, not really painful but itchy. I use pressure dressing for this scar but I am tired of it. I don't want a laser or surgical treatment because I can't afford both.

Thanks
    I've read somewhere that hypertrophic scars can shrink own their own over time. I'm just not sure if they completely disappear though...If you prefer not to seek laser or dermatological treatment, there are natural ingredients and substances that you can use as a topical treatment. Some of these substances are tea tree oil, aloe vera gel, and vitamin E oil.

Thanks
    I think that you can try using warm steeped chamomile tea bags as compresses. Do this for about 10 to 15 minutes a couple of times a day. If possible change your jewelry to something smaller. Another way to get rid of these bumps whether it be a scar or keloid if they are stubborn is to crush up an uncoated aspirin tablet into a powder, add some lemon juice and mix it into a paste, and apply the paste to the bump and the surrounding area. Let it dry and gently wash it off. The aspirin will absorb through the skin and open the blood vessels, speeding the healing and allowing the bumps to go down. You should do this two or three times a day. This is advice given by dermatologists and piercing professionals.

Thanks

Tips for treatment of Hypertrophic scars.

Application of lemon and cucumber juice at the scarred area.
    - Use of pastes obtained from black grams and sandal wood
    - Application of cod liver oil, gels made from Aloe Vera or even cocoa butter.
    - Use of ice cubes at the scarred area

Selecting an appropriate treatment method highly increases the chances of success in dealing with hypertrophic scars. Therefore, one is advised to have an appointment with a dermatologist prior to choosing one of the methods used in treating hypertrophic scars.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information